Organizations of all types are aware of how important it is to have a diverse, total rewards package. Whether they are a corporation, union or association, they are all looking for ways to engage and reward their groups to drive increased loyalty, engagement and retention.
An effective member reward or loyalty program should be robust and comprehensive enough to have offers that would appeal to the large majority of a group. The program should provide access to savings on large items, like home and auto insurance, vehicles, electronics, computers, etc. and those frequent purchases like movie tickets, gifts, health and wellness, apparel, restaurants, and more.
With a wide range of products and services available to the members, both in store and online, a program is more likely to be appreciated and used by the members - thereby providing the intended benefit and building retention, engagement and loyalty.
Even with all the choices, a reward program must still be kept top of mind. Simply posting a link to a website won’t always be effective when there is a diverse member base - both demographically and geographically. Some members are not at their computers every day, some are accessing through their smart phones, while others rely on an email reminder. Access to the reward program should be made as easy as possible for most members, regardless of their location, device or time of day they are using the reward program.
Here are some simple, yet proven, ways to connect your members with their reward program and support engagement and usage:
- Website – Create a website that has all the promotions in one place. Keep the content up to date (expired promotions will stop people from checking back).
- Mobile App – Connecting with your members wherever they are and whenever they want will build usage. If your organization is unable to invest in the development of a mobile app, ensure the website is mobile responsive.
- Consistent Email – Highlight a variety of promotions at a range of price points and items. Send the email consistently (Boom sends an email 1x/week, for example).
- Awareness Posters – using a variety of sample promotions, design and distribute/post in locations where your members will see them and be reminded of the benefits of the program
- Magazine – using great content on lifestyle topics from the participating retailers, members will get great value from the content, while being reminded of the promotions they have access to.
One final item that is important to address is the need to ensure the retailers that are offering members discounts and promotions are aware that your members may be coming into their location. Provide the necessary program information and signage, to the participating retailers, so they are aware of the program and are able to honour transactions.
As in any marketing, building awareness and keeping a program top of mind is key to the success. We have built a platform that takes care of all these details for our member companies as part of their journey with Boom. We hope you find this information, based on our experiences, helpful.