A Brand Partnership Program (BPP) is a powerful tool.
Joined with a targeted and engaged audience, this is an efficient, flexible and winning combination for customer acquisition and retention, to build awareness and keep your brand top of mind through the buying cycles. (To learn more about and how to select a Brand Partnership Program Click Here).The challenge is to ensure the program is being leveraged to its highest potential.
The gauge the success of your BPP, and to learn what are the most effective promotions for your business, you need to be engaged during the entire term of the program. Depending on the program, the term may be a month or as long as a year. A longer term is great for the brand company as it provides the opportunity to change messaging and offers to align with seasons and new products and services.
With busy schedules and day to day business needs, it may be hard to stay on top of the BPP program. However, with just a little pre-planning and the right BPP to provide support and guidance, this doesn’t have to be overly time consuming.
Here are 3 easy ways to help you succeed:
1. Set Goals
Spending the time to clearly set out what you want to achieve with the BPP at the beginning of the term will help to create a better opportunity for success:
- Meet with your BPP contact and review the target outcomes
- Be clear on how the KPI's success will be measured (for example: number of new customers, number of return customers, number of new contacts)
- Set and commit to a schedule for review during the term
To help ensure your BPP stays current and is successful, set a calendar, with specific times allotted to assess the program:
- Schedule a consistent time for a brief review of the BPP on your own or with your team
- Evaluate the outcomes based on the established KPI’s
- Meet with (phone/in person) your BPP contact based on your business cycles and offers (monthly, quarterly) to ensure content is current and in alignment with seasons, products and services
The BPP contact may reach out throughout the term with ideas, suggestions, metrics and maybe even special opportunities that arise to further promote your business:
- Advise your BPP contact of the best way to reach you (email, phone)
- Review the information in a timely manner. The information may be time sensitive and have unique ways to boost your exposure in the program
- Let your BPP contact know if there are ways they can help, make changes or additions to support you
By setting up your schedule of offers in advance, dedicating a little time every month, measuring results, making changes and staying engaged with your BPP contact, you will be able to ensure you are getting the results you want for your business!